The most important faucet repair tips can be summarized into one short statement: Never ignore a leaky faucet. Ignoring a leaky faucet and leaving the problem unsolved is the worst mistake any West Palm Beach homeowner can make. It can cause serious damage and cost more money in the long run, so it is best to fix a dripping faucet or have it repaired as soon as possible.
Now, let me share with you more important faucet repair advice every homeowner should know.
- With the right tools and know-how, fixing a faucet can be a simple task you can do yourself.
- Note that not all faucets are similar in design. To make the repair process easier and faster, it is important to determine the kind of faucet you have. The most common types of faucets are cartridge faucets, compression faucets, disc faucets and ball faucets.
- Before dissembling the faucet and making any repair, don’t forget to shut off the water supply to the faucet. Look for a shut-off valve under the sink and twist the handle to turn off the water.
- Also, make sure to turn off the hot water supply at the water heater before doing any repair.
- Check washers and O-rings to see if replacement is necessary.
- If you are installing a new faucet, inspect the new faucet for damage and make sure to read your faucet’s instruction manual.
- Check for leaks after installation and make repairs as needed.
Not all faucet repairs can be done without professional help. If you think the issue is more complicated than you can handle, call an experienced plumber right away. Look for a team of plumbers who are experts at faucet repair in West Palm Beach.
The last time I needed faucet repair for my West Palm Beach home, I called Plumbers 911 South Florida and was glad I did! Their work is outstanding and they made the faucet repair less stressful for me.
Learn more about the services they offer by watching this video: