The spring season is the best time to clean the inside and outside of your home. Clean one room at a time, purge and purge some more to give room for the things that you will be using in the incoming seasons. This can be very overwhelming especially if you live in a big home but with the right planning and time management, spring cleaning is doable.
In cleaning, do not forget to clean the outside of your home as well. Areas such as the backyard, basement and front yard are as important as the inside of your home. Do not wait for the next season to clean the outside, the spring is the perfect time for this task.
But hey, do you know that spring is also the perfect time to clean your septic system? Yes, there is no better time for this than spring. Here are the reasons why:
- Your septic system is in the best condition during spring. During spring, the grounds are in the perfect condition for cleaning. You may do this late spring or early summer – it doesn’t make any difference.
- You’ll save money. A well maintained septic tank will save you money so it is a must to have it cleaned every year or every other year. The maintenance may cost you a little but just imagine how much it would cost if your septic system suffers major damage. Remember that maintenance is always cheaper than emergency repairs.
- If there is one thing that you need to keep far away from your septic tank, it is excess water. Since flooding is more common in spring, all the more that you clean your septic tank this season. You will notice that your septic tank is flooded when there are isolated smelly and unsightly puddles on your grounds. These are not only smelly and unsightly, but they can also put your family’s health at risk.
Here are things that you can do to prevent frequent cleanings of your septic system:
- Pay attention to the toilet paper you use, the thicker the toilet paper, the longer it would take to dissolve it. It’s a crime to throw something inside your toilet because of the damage it could do to your septic system but accidents do happen.
- Watch the amount of water everyone pours inside the toilet. Remember that every drop is filtered by the septic system thus it takes a little while before it is released to the ground. Your septic system could overload and eventually leak water.
Maintain your septic system well to ensure that it is okay all year round. Make sure though that you hire a trusted Fort Lauderdale plumber to do the cleaning for you as it requires license and expertise. During the maintenance cleaning, its filters will be changed and pumped clean.